My Opinion: This DPV is awesome. It takes only a couple of steps to remove the battery, but it is well worth it. You can get up to 2 hours continual use from it.
It is heavy out of pool and completely effortless in the pool. It is quick in water and floats well. You can enjoy speeds up to 1.5 – 2 mph adult and 2 – 2.5 mph for a kid.
My cousins (Rachel and Braun) spent a minute to learn how to use and operate it. I purchased mine with a diving light to hook up to the GoPro mount to make night pool swimming effortless. Plus, the lights kinda looks cool on it too.
The cons are that it gets scratched easily if it rubs the sides of the pool plus it is heavy out.
But, hey who cares. Isn’t fun in the pool why we bought it? If you purchase it then only move the kill switch (how awesome is this) in the water so the metal ring does not pop off as some were saying.
Yamaha RDS250 SeaScooter Review
The Yamaha RDS250 Seascooter is the perfect definition of balance, speed and run time. It is a perfect vehicle for back to back dive days.
ALSO SEE: Yamaha RDS280 Seascooter Review
- It can reach speeds of up to 2.5 mph / 4 km/h.
- Rated to 100 ft / s30 m.
- Waterproof construction prevents accidental flooding
- Has a run time up to 2 hours
- It is powered by a sealed Lead Acid Battery and only requires occasional battery maintenance
- Removable buoyancy control chamber (The RDS250 is designed for use in salt water. It will have less buoyancy in fresh water, and may slowly sink in fresh bodies of water).