My Opinion: The Yamaha RDS280 Seascooter is an excellent DPV. A bit cumbersome in battery charging operations, otherwise, it is quite fast enough and has a good battery life.
The instruction manual isn’t the most helpful as regards storage, charging and battery usage (so they can absolutely do better in that area).
However, aside that, it is really worth every penny spent!
Yamaha RDS280 Seascooter Review
The Yamaha Seacooter RDS280 is not heavy and is efficient with a run time up to 1.5 hours with normal usage.
This single speed Seascooter will propel you forwards at speeds up to 2.8mph (4.5km/h) and is rated to a depth of 30m (100ft).
ALSO SEE: Yamaha SeaScooter RDS300
It is perfect for people looking to snorkeling adventures and recreational adventures.
READ MORE: Best Sea Scooter for Spearfishing
- Run up to 1.5 hours with normal use
- Can propel you to speeds up to 2.8 mph / 4.5 km/h
- Rated to 30m / 100ft
- Waterproof build prevents accidental flooding
- Removable buoyancy control chamber (The RDS280 is designed for use in salt water. It will have less buoyancy in fresh water, and may slowly sink in fresh bodies of water.)
- Powered by a Sealed Lead Acid Battery (Occasional battery maintenance required)
- Weight just 18 lbs / 8.2 kg including battery
- Product size: 25.1” x 15” x 12.6” / 631 x 385 x 322 (mm)