My Opinion: I own one similar powered, level SeaDoo for 8 years. Simple, easy to recharge and quite reliable. Sadly, I mistakenly knocked it overboard and lost it at sea. So, I purchased this Yamaha to replace it and it works well.
It even has a longer battery life than my lost SeaDOO, but on/off switch seems a bit flimsy, and they’ve over complicated the dissemble process to get to the battery for recharge. Aside this, I can boldly say this DPV is worth every penny spent.
Best Yamaha SeaScooter RDS300 Review
This lightweight yet powerful device can reach speeds of up to 3.0Mph (4.8Km/H) and takes your underwater dive experience to the maximum.
It features a depth rating of 100ft (30M) and a dual level rotational speed control settings. The Yamaha RDS300 is perfect for the recreational diving enthusiasts.
ALSO SEE: Best Sea Scooter for Spearfishing
- Run up to 1.5 hours with normal use.
- Rated to 100ft / 30m.
- Waterproof construction prevents accidental flooding.
- Impact-resistant heavy duty rubber hull protection.
- Superior safety features include: auto shut off when triggers are released, thermal switch function and water leakage sensor.
- Removable buoyancy control chamber (The RDS300 is designed for use in salt water. It will have less buoyancy in fresh water, and may slowly sink in fresh bodies of water).
- Speed up to 3 mph / 4.8 km/h.
- 2-level rotational speed control (for US model)
In the end, we would recommend this machine for people looking to opt for the best budget Yamaha seascooter. You won’t regret it!